Posted on February 10, 2022
About the position:
Settlement Music School is looking for a creative graphic designer to join our growing marketing team. This individual will join the School at an exciting time as we develop and implement an enhanced marketing and communications strategy that will allow us to increase brand awareness, reach new audiences and grow our presence. digital across multiple platforms. The graphic designer works in collaboration with the head of marketing and communications, the communications content manager and an experienced external video team. The Graphic Designer will lead and implement the graphic design efforts of the School while working closely with central administrative staff members and branch staff.
Specific responsibilities of this part-time position include:
- Conceptualize and design all communication and promotional materials including flyers, brochures, posters, postcards, concert programs, social media graphics and campaign materials using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Premiere
- Develop compelling designs with consistent branding that reflect Settlement’s mission and message
- Collaborate with HQ on digital presentation designs
- Edit and prepare files for printing
- Work closely with Communications Content Manager to support graphic design needs across multiple print and digital platforms.
- Collaborate with external video team and provide graphic support for multiple projects (lower thirds, logo, titles, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, digital art or related field
- 3+ years of experience in a deadline driven graphic design environment
- Mastery of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite Premiere software
- In-depth knowledge of print and digital design media
- Expertise in layout, design, color theory, typography and animation techniques
- Ability to apply creative thinking and problem solving skills to projects
- Willingness to modify designs to meet school needs and goals
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
The graphic designer is from a distance part-time position.
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- 403b pension contribution matching
COVID-19 and Workplace Policy:
Settlement Music School requires all on-site employees to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Medical and religious exemptions are reviewed on an individual basis.
Settlement Music School is an equal opportunity employer that encourages applicants from all backgrounds to apply for this position.
Founded in 1908, the nonprofit Settlement Music School is one of the largest community arts schools in the United States serving children and adults of all ages in the Philadelphia area and online. . Settlement provides more than $2.6 million each year in financial aid and scholarships to 60% of its students. Settlement’s reach is broad and continues the principles of its founders to provide creative and accessible arts education to all.
Apply for this position
Please send a cover letter, resume and design portfolio via email only to Megan Looby at [email protected]
Mention that you found this job on Generocity!