San Diego, California, United StatesSite:
Thu Nov 4 21Posted on:
BASILE Studio is looking for a creative and engaged designer with a passion for personalized details, holistic design and to thrive in a fast-paced environment. We are a unique DESIGN and BUILD studio that is fully vertical in its integration of a multitude of different crafting capabilities, ranging from hotels, restaurants, multi-family developments, custom homes to products. Our custom fabrication studio creates everything in the hull as well as all of the interior components that make up the set that comes out of our design studio. Never before have so many facets been integrated into a single company to offer a one-stop shop to our customers and our developments. Be part of a studio that keeps growing and changing to adapt to the changing times we live in and own a part of what is created. We want to grow together to build a portfolio of our projects that allow us to live and retire on what we create, a business that creates its future.
One day is never the same as another, we are constantly looking for new products, methods and projects. Help create the methods used to create a stronger and better place for the whole team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Success in this role depends not only on being creative, but also having strong communication skills, excellent follow-up, attention to detail and most importantly, the desire to join a team that evolves rapidly, adapts. to change, comfortable with the implementation of processes and likes to get things done.
• We are looking for team members who will bring their UNIQUE skills. It’s very versatile, capable of shifting gears and producing a high quality custom design in a short time.
• Each designer is expected to lead a project from start to finish through all phases of design until the final installation of our custom items.
• You will be responsible for production and project management. Included but not limited to: o Implementation of the project / document. o Conceptual packages and renderings. o 3D modeling, details, construction documents FULL. o Cost estimate and planning. o Coordination with the client, AOR, GC, etc.
• As a lead, you will be the primary lead and producer on a project externally and internally.
• Each designer is responsible for supporting the others, whether it is programmed help or intervening when needed.
• Clear communication and the ability to prioritize are essential to keep the team going.
• We all need to operate with a sense of urgency while delivering a high quality product.
• We are all required to wear many hats, not just for the design team but for the business as a whole and contribute to our overall culture.
• Bachelor’s degree in architecture or interior design.
• Previous experience in an architecture or interior design firm.
• Permit to practice not required but preferred depending on the position and the project.
• Proficiency in Revit, Sketchup and construction documents required.
• Proficiency in CAD, Adone Suite, Enscape and Revu preferably.
• Experience with custom details, materials and workmanship preferred.
• Effective and clear communications, both verbal and written
• Ability to handle sensitive information diplomatically
• Look for opportunities to do more than planned
• Ability to multitask and prioritize workload
• Ability to learn new technologies
• Quick learning, self-taught and ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• You are collaborative and enjoy working in a small team.
• Animal lovers are preferred.
• This is a full-time position
• Compensation is the DOE
• This position will be based in our office located in downtown San Diego
• Salary scale of 60 to 74 k
• Relocation possible for specific projects. Will vary depending on role and experience.
Please apply by clicking on the link below.
Basile Studio – Architectural Designer Position