Our goal at Credible Operations, Inc., NMLS Number 1681276, hereafter referred to as “Credible”, is to give you the tools and confidence you need to improve your finances. Although we promote the products of our partner lenders who pay us for our services, all opinions are our own.
A big Personal loan can be useful in a number of situations. It can help cover the cost of a medical bill, home improvement project, wedding, or any other major expense.
Since large loans are riskier for lenders, they are generally more difficult to obtain. The good news is that it is possible to get one if you plan ahead and find the right lender.
If you are looking for a large personal loan, Credible allows you to compare personal loan rates from various lenders, all in one place.
2 lenders who offer large personal loans
While many lenders offer personal loans of up to $50,000, fewer lend up to $100,000. If you need to borrow a lot of money, you’ll have to shop around and find a lender which offers larger loans. These two Credible partner lenders offer loans over $50,000:
LightStream, the online lending division of Truist Bank, offers loans of up to $100,000 to borrowers with good to excellent credit. Its loans come with no fees and a $100 loan experience guarantee, which states that the LightStream application process will be the best you’ve ever experienced. If you are not satisfied after receiving a LightStream loan, they will send you $100.
- Loan amounts: $5,000 to $100,000
- Repayment Terms : 2 to 7 years (up to 12 years for renovation loans)
- Minimum credit rating: 660
- Funding time: As soon as the same working day
SoFi was founded by Stanford University business students with the goal of connecting recent graduates with alumni. Today, the company offers fixed and variable rate personal loans to borrowers with good, very good or excellent credit. As a SoFi borrower, you can access a variety of member benefits, such as personalized financial advice and invitations to events such as happy hours and dinner parties.
- Loan amounts: $5,000 to $100,000
- Repayment Terms : 2 to 7 years old
- Minimum credit rating: don’t divulge
- Funding time: 3 working days
Visit Credible for view your prequalified personal loan rates from various lenders, without affecting your credit score.
How to apply for a large personal loan
If you want to apply for a large personal loan, follow these steps:
- Shop around and compare lenders. Since large loans over $50,000 aren’t the norm, you’ll need to do some research and find lenders that offer them. Once you find a few, consider them interest ratereimbursement terms, fees and eligibility requirements.
- Choose a loan. Then choose a large loan that meets your needs. Ideally, it would offer the lowest interest rates and fees as well as the most flexible repayment terms.
- Gather the documents. After deciding on a loan, compile the documents you will need to apply. These can include government-issued identification, such as a driver’s license or passport, bank statements, pay stubs, and tax forms.
- Apply. Most lenders will allow you to apply online, from the comfort of your home. When applying, be sure to answer each question accurately and submit all required documents.
- Get your funds. If you are approved, the lender will have you sign an agreement so they can distribute the funds. You will usually receive the funds for your loan by direct deposit to your bank account. Financing times can range from the day of your approval to a week after, depending on the lender.
- Repay your loan. You will be responsible for making monthly payments on time to repay your loan. To make sure you never miss a payment, you can sign up for automatic payments if the lender offers it. Some lenders offer interest rate discounts for setting up autopay, so it’s definitely worth considering.
$10,000 PERSONAL LOANS: HOW TO QUALIFY FOR $10,000 QUICKLY
How to get a big personal loan with bad credit
Generally, lenders prefer borrowers with good credit, so it can be very difficult to get a loan. loan with bad credit. These tips could help improve your chances of getting a large personal loan:
- Review your credit report. Before applying for a loan, you need to know what your credit report looks like. Visit AnnualCreditReport.com to get a copy of your report from the three major credit bureaus – Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. Dispute any inaccuracies you find with the appropriate bureau, as this could lower your credit score.
- Improve your credit. Once you know where you stand with credit, it’s time to start improving your credit. You do this by making payments on time, paying off debts, keeping old accounts open, and only applying for new credit when you absolutely need it.
- Find a co-signer. If you have a family member or close friend with strong credit and income, you may want to ask them to co-sign your loan. Remember that if you don’t make your payments, they will be responsible for it and you may damage your relationship.
- Secure yourself a stable job or source of income. Lenders want to make sure you have the funds to pay back what you borrow. If you’re unemployed or don’t have a steady source of income, they may be hesitant to approve you for a large loan. If you are unable to maintain a steady job, make sure you can prove that you will receive income from Social Security, government benefits, or retirement savings.
If you’re ready to apply for a personal loan, Credible makes it quick and easy compare personal loan rates to find one that fits your unique financial situation.